Your home’s interior design is a reflection of yourself. The design choices you make are the first things your guests will see, and the door knob is typically the first thing they’ll notice. Schlage understands that your door hardware has to match the overall style of your home, and they’ve provided a handy style guide to link their products to your home.
A few of the styles provided by Schlage are Traditional, Ornate, Transitional, and Contemporary:
- Traditional – You like things that work and work well. Some may call it plain but you know what you like and you like it practical. This style is best suited for those that like their house tidy and organized with a touch of history.
- Ornate – Your house is full of lush plant life and bright, natural lighting. This style leans towards the romantic and is fanciful.
- Transitional – For the customer looking for the best of the old and new. The designs lean towards sleek lines and curved profiles.
- Contemporary – Modern and sophisticated. This style accents shape and form.
After selecting your overall style, the next part is choosing the finish of your door knob. The three different finishes include Gold, Silver, and Black. These three categories aren’t a scale of quality but rather a system for organizing the different finishes. The individual finishes are as follows:
- Gold – Antique Pewter, Antique Brass, Bright Brass.
- Silver – Bright Chrome, Satin Chrome, Satin Nickel, Distressed Nickel
- Black – Aged Bronze, Matte Black, Oil-Rubbed Bronze
Finally after choosing your styles and finishes, the only thing left to do is to choose your knob or lever design. These range from different shapes and sizes to different functions like a lock through the middle. Be sure to check out Schlage’s knobs and pick the best one for your home.